Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

Writing test Term 2

Dodgeball. Dodgeball. The worst tournament they could pick. Dodgeball. I prefer badminton. Its just that the first time I played dodgeball was hard enough. *Dramatic Flashback* “Owww” I moan when the first murderball hit me. The coach just blows the whistle and calls me off. Someone made a catch and gets me back on. “Oww” I mutter again when the next murderball hit me.

Well the first practice wasn’t much better. It was year 7 VS year 8. Guess how many boys were on the year 7 team. C'mon guess. 3 that is how many, including me. The year 8 team had half the class and about ⅓ of the year 8’s are boys. There all the good ones in our team apparently. So we got pummeled like an asteroid hit our ship. Literally. The balls were the asteroids and we were the ships. Its not fun. But the good bit is about not being good at dodgeball is the fact you're not a target. The good people are. So you survive longer.

The first match was better than I expected. Since all the good people were on the same team as the weaker people the weaker people would sacrifice themselves to protect the better people. We slammed pummeled and caught the balls so the decoys could come back on. Then it came to the final 5 on our team. and they had 7. But they had no balls on their side. So we got all the balls and threw them all at the same time we somehow got 4 out!

The final three were harder than the rest. We hadn't learned the concept of taking the good people out first so our only way to win is to catch them out or somehow get 1 out by throwing all of the 3 balls on our side and hopefully hitting him. We caught 1 out and had 4 balls to throw. We threw them all at once. We hit another 1! The last one. But he had all the balls on his side. He threw 1 of them, hit someone in our team. Not a big worry, he’s not a good player I think to myself. Then he throws another. Hits no one. The next one hits another weaker person. I'm somehow in the final 3 and we had 3 balls on our side. We threw all 3 at once and he caught 1, deflected 1 with it but 1 hit him in the legs.

The next dodgeball game I was doing a test so I couldn’t play. I had just finished the test when the game was over. So I waited till practice time. Practice time eventually came around and we learnt how the concept of taking out the biggest player (see paragraph 4 line 1.) We also learned teamwork so we could take out more people faster. We’ve done this before it was the throw all the balls at once thing. Still it wasn’t easy to take out all the big players. Lets hope todays game is easier than the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.